Serving Metro Phoenix

Main Office
PO Box  14483 
Scottsdale, AZ 85267

Need Help Stopping Child
Support? We can help with:

  • · Termination of Child Support
  • · Modification of Child Support
  • · Parental Rights and Visitation
Free Consultation

Enter the code below.



Legally Stopping Child Support in Arizona

Parents are legally required to financially support their children. But it is important to know your rights when the time comes to the end your child support obligation in Arizona. If you have more than one child this may occur multiple times as the children grow up and reach the age of majority. It’s critical that you are aware the procedures required of you under the Arizona Child Support Guidelines to ensure that your rights as a parent are protected and that your are able to terminate your child support obligation correctly.

Scottsdale and Phoenix Termination of Child Support Lawyer

The Daly Law Firm has the knowledge and experience to inform you of your rights and responsibilities under the Arizona Child Support Guidelines. Terminating child support in Arizona can be difficult. Contact a child support attorney at (480) 607-8308 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. We will take the time to explain the court process to you and take any steps necessary to properly stop your payments.

When does child support terminate in Arizona?

A parent’s obligation to pay child support terminates on the last day of the month that the child turns 18 years of age. However, if the child is still in high school the parent’s obligation to pay child support terminates once the child graduates from school or turns 19 year of age. A child support order may be extending in the case of special needs children.

How do I stop child support payments in Arizona?

Most child orders and Orders of Assignment entered after January 1, 2005 contain the date that the child support should automatically terminate. However, it is the responsibility of the parent paying child support to ensure that the child support order is stopped and terminated. In any case, if there is still unpaid child support, called arrears, your employer may still be instructed to continue to automatically deduct child support until the arrears are paid in full.

If your child support order was entered for more than one child the order is generally not automatically lowered once the oldest reaches the age 18. The parent paying child support is required to file a Petition to modify child support to accurately reflect the current age of the children. Terminating child support in Arizona also does not occur automatically if you have a life changing event such as losing a job or becoming disabled. 

What if I overpay child support?

If you have overpaid your child support because you failed to timely file a Petition to stop child support or because of a clerical mistake or error you may be entitled to receive reimburse for the excess child support paid. If an order of assignment is still in effect you must also file a Petition to Stop Order of Assignment. How do I terminate a child support order in Arizona? Review the section above titled, How do I stop child support payments in Arizona?

What if I have an agreement to stop child support?

If you and your child's parent have an agreement to stop child support you may file the agreement with the court for the judge's approval. Generally, you will not be required to attend a hearing if you submit a full written agreement to the court. We assist clients in drafting the necessary legal documents you would need to file to stop child support in Arizona without a hearing.

Daly Law Firm, PLLC- Attorney for Stopping Child Support Payments in Phoenix Arizona

The Daly Law Firm has the knowledge and experience to help you stop your child support obligation. If you live in the Phoenix area and need help stopping child support in Arizona, including Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, Cave Creek, Carefree, Paradise Valley, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler or Tempe we would be happy to discuss your case. Call the Daly Law Firm at (480) 607-8308 for a free consultation.

So sorry but my son does not like that rolex replica watches, so if we can not get the original rolex replica uk we ordered then can we have our money back. It did say they were in stock when we ordered it. My rolex replica likes the blue dial and rubber strap Royal oak offshore or the Royal oak 30th anniversary chronograph with blue dial and strap. I am afraid that my son only wants the replica watches offshore blue dial, please can I have a refund if you cannot supply this particular rolex replica sale. As rolex replica did say that you had it in stock. Or I would not order it. I was in hospital with cancer. You must have banking details of payments. If you had sent me my hublot replica sale last year I wouldn't be complaining. It isn't my fault is it. I paid in good faith. I'm not asking for a replica watches but other replica rolex. Surely you should do that.